Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I could totally be a Simpson!

Just to be perfectly clear, by "Simpson" I'm referring to the yellow cartoon kind, not the "if the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit" variety.

Under a newly negotiated agreement, the main cast of the Simpsons (and in this case, by cast I mean voices for animated cartoons) will now receive $400,000 per episode. That was per episode. Each. The $400k per episode salary is $100k less per episode than the actors (voices) had asked for, but incidentally is approximately $50k more per episode than the current top paid sitcom actor (more than just a voice).

I know that after 20 years on tv the Simpsons are legend, and a voice change would be weird, but seriously? $400k per episode for a job you can literally almost phone in? A job you don't have to comb your hair for? A tv job you don't have to be a slave to the gym for? Really? Clearly I missed my calling because nobody is paying me $400,000 for anything.

By the way, the above picture is what I'd look like as a Simpson according to this site . Sorta foxy, if I do say so myself. D'oh!

No comments: