Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Landscaping Update

Which would be more entertaining? Landscaping for a week? Or a full-frontal lobotomy? Hmmm. This isn't a good week to ask me.

Today was day three of our week-long project that has so far involved, in no particular order: hauling retaining wall rocks, building retaining walls, hauling paving stones, leveling and paving a courtyard, planting humongoid planters, digging up buttloads of rocks, moving said buttloads of rocks, shoveling dirt, moving dirt around, putting bark on stuff, and way too many trips to Lowe's.

As an aside, I've discovered the secret to receiving good customer service at places like Lowe's. A vagina. Who would have guessed? All I know is when I go to pick up 90, 10-pound stones, they bring them via forklift to my vehicle and then multiple people help load them. When my husband goes to purchase nearly the same order, they take his money, then make themselves scarce.

At any rate, back to the landscaping thing. I have a new appreciation for people that do landscaping all day. Apparently there are special "yardwork" muscles in your body that don't get fully developed until you've hauled/shoveled/dug stuff for three days in a row.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A vagina---I should try that trick and convince Yasuko to do all of the Home Depot trips...