Friday, July 18, 2008

Phone Coolness

This past week I've completely succumbed to geeking out (but in a cool way) with all the new Iphone applications that became available via the Itunes store last Friday.

Some of my recommendations (btw, these are all free applications), in no particular order:

** BoxOffice. Cool Movie app to find what is playing in your area.
** The new Facebook app (so much better than the old one).
** Evernote. I'm just starting to use this application, and it's cool. I have a feeling I could still learn how to make it even cooler if I read the instructions.
** UrbanSpoon. Cool app to find out about the restaurants in your area. Lets you focus in on the area, type of cuisine, and price. And oh yeah, it makes a cool slot machine noise.
** Shazam. Ok, this one is totally cool. You hold your phone up to a song on the radio/tv/etc. and it identifies the song. You can then go buy it on Itunes (hah, like you didn't see that one coming!). The best thing about this app? The name. I can totally say "Shaaaazzaaaaaammm" all day long.

While there seem to be a bunch of totally useless applications out there (Iphone flashlights, seriously?), I'm sure there are many more that I will probably need as I explore the application store a bit more. Have any recommendations for me? Drop me a note.

One application I really really want? A bluetooth on/off button for the main screen. Now that bluetooth headsets are required when using your cell phone in the car (unless you want a ticket), I'm constantly using this button, but have to go searching for it under settings each time I want to turn the bluetooth on or off. Annoying. Speaking of bluetooth, I found the best bluetooth headset out there, especially if you are a chick (or anyone that likes to throw their bluetooth in a bag and not have the earpiece broken off). It's by Motorola and comes with its own little cute carrying pod.

No comments: