Thursday, August 21, 2008

Going to the beach

Heading down to Cannon Beach (Oregon) tomorrow morning for a 4-day weekend in what I shall dub my "do-over" vacation. By do-over, I refer to the last time we went to Cannon Beach (picture from our room, to the left). It was Thanksgiving 2007 and after a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner that included pumpkin creme brulee, I proceeded to have the most violent flu symptoms in the history of...ever. Things were flying out of numerous places they should not...simultaneously, I might add. I was incapacitated for at least 48 hours. I don't think we're really allowed back at that hotel, which is too bad, because that's the hotel where we were married. Thankfully I didn't have stomach flu the weekend we got married, cuz it SO was not pretty.

So off I go for four days overlooking the ocean. The dogs get to come this time, which they love. And I will be steering clear of anything that resembles creme brulee.

No comments: