Friday, August 8, 2008

Olympics starting? Really?

In case you haven't heard, the Olympics start today. Shouldn't they have at least run a commercial or two on NBC announcing the coverage?

Uggh. The next three weeks will be nothing BUT Olympic coverage on tv. Hours upon hours. Days upon days. I don't know about you, but I used to get into the Olympics when I was a kid, but lately they just go on too long. I need the Cliff Notes version of the important stuff, like who won, who broke records, and if any of the male swimmers had a wardrobe malfunction.

Speaking of Olympics, I shall do my best to dig up some pictures in the next few days of my personal Olympic aspirations in the 70s. With nothing to do one summer, and a living room in our parent's house void of any furniture, my sister and I tumbled and cartwheeled our way into what possibly could have been the first sister team of Olympic gymnastic gold medalists. Our specialty was the "flourish" - that exuberant "ta da!!" with arms raised above head at the end of each performance. Truly, our showmanship was unparalleled.

No comments: