Thursday, January 31, 2008

Diarrhea caveman


Well, Pepto Bismol has done it again. Their commercials never cease to amaze/sicken me. I'm always left with a big sense of "WTF was that?" Effective ad campaign? Demented and sad? Your guess is as good as mine.

If you haven't seen their commercials, check out YouTube. As of this morning, there are 178 entries under "Pepto Bismol Commercials." The commercials I remember most include an amazon woman (think attack of the 50 foot woman - with diarrhea), singing and grabbing her buttocks while crashing through buildings. Then there was a rap about nausea, heartburn, indigestion with coordinated dance moves resembling the YMCA dance. Yesterday morning, while trying to wake up over a cup of coffee, Pepto had a commercial with a bearded scruffy man (I shall dub him diarrhea caveman) singing unintelligibly about his butt disorder. I have added him to my short list of disturbing commercial images, right up there with the singing Quiznos rodents.

No comments: