Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Oh so slippery Stefanie

This weekend, the family and I headed out to the hilltop golf course near our home for a lovely Sunday brunch. The Calcutta Grill puts on a lovely spread for brunch. Yes, I know that a place named after an impoverished city doesn't sound like it would be too tasty, but then again I hear Ethiopian food is quite good and isn't most of that country starvin' marvin? Anyway, I digress.

As I casually strolled back to sneak a few more gargantuan prawns from the seafood tray, all of a sudden I'm on the floor. Someone at the table next to me gasped. Thanks lady, that helped my overall sense of mortification. I quickly got up, pretending everything was cool, as if I'd meant to do that. When I got back to the table I noticed the floor where I fell was wet. No, it wasn't from me. My husband tells me the floor was wet before I fell. Ahhh, now I feel a bit better. My knee is hurting, but at least I know that falling wasn't 100% due to my clumsiness. Errr...not that I'm necessarily clumsy or anything.

I wanted to pull up my pant leg to see if my knee is bleeding, but then I remember that the reason I wore pants (and my ultra-fabulous black patent-leather boots) was that I hadn't shaved my legs in about a week. Hmmm, pant leg stays down. Then I notice my ring finger is starting to swell. I take off my wedding rings because I don't wanna be one of those people that has to have their rings cut off in an ER or something. Although I suppose that would be a good reason to get new rings and/or more rings, but again I digress.

After brunch we head home, I change into sweats, and watch the Patriots game on tv with my husband. It occurs to me that I must be getting old, 'cause when I fall, not only am I mortified, but I skin my knee and bust my finger. When the football dudes fall down (plus have hundreds of pounds of other dudes piled on top of them), they bounce back up and then smack each other on the head. Maybe that is why they get paid the big bucks.

No comments: